“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
1. Singapore is the queen of efficient travel systems.
Every ride is a swipe away. This card would get you places just like a diplomatic passport.
2. The Train is Coming. The Train is Coming. - This little jingle is played every single time the train is well, coming.
And I assure you, after a few rides you will be singing along ushering in a serious case of last song syndrome.
Their trains are of course very clean and obviously quite comfortable.
3. We all know that Singapore IS a fine city. But this fine sign really cracked me up.
4. Orchard Road is an art show.
I never expected to find little interesting art things at Orchard Road. All I've heard about it was shopping shopping shopping. Interestingly we were able to see pretty cool installations.
This was made of TIRES.
5. Their malls are architectural eye gasms.
The ION mall
6. They have the prettiest food courts
This one was designed as an old English library.
Food Republic at Suntec
7. In SG it's really safe to walk at night.
8. Bright lights wake the city up.
9. Of course it's also nice to walk in the morning
10. Their China Town is the cleanest I've ever been to.
11. Finally, great friends are essential for travel :)